My fave Sweet Potato and Salad Dish
Today, I am going to share with you one of my favourite salad and sweet potato recipes!
Serving Size: 3-4 portions
Here is what you will need..
- 1 x Sweet Potato
- Pinch of Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1-2 tsp of Unsalted Butter
- 1 x Mixed Salad Packet (can be changed to spinach, rocket or kale whichever is your preference)
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 1/2 Carrots
- 1/3 cup Dried Mixed Fruit (this adds a beautiful sweet taste to the salad - sultanas and cranberries are amazing in this salad!)
- 4 slices of Canned Beetroot
- 1 x tsp Pure Honey
- 1 1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2-3 tsp of Wholegrain Mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper (add as much as you like)
So lets begin!
Start with the sweet potato - set the stove to medium-low heat and add a 1/2 tsp of unsalted butter to the pan. Next rinse the sweet potato well and cut into thin slices - add this to the pan and set the stove to low heat. A great tip is putting the lid on and leaving a little gap to allow it to cook slowly. Add the rest of the butter and a pinch of dried mixed herbs on top. Flip the slices until lightly brown on one side. Cooking time - 15 - 20mins.
Next is the tasty salad! First wash and thinly slice the mixed salad leaves and place them first into the dish. Next grate the carrot and place on top. Lastly thinly slice the cucumber, beetroot and the dried mix fruit - add that on top. Toss the salad and set it aside for later.
Now the fun part! This dressing was inspired from the amazing "Carrot Raisin Salad" recipe by Joanne (fifteen spatulas.com). In a small bowl combine olive oil, wholegrain mustard, pepper, honey and lime juice. Mix well. The sweet honey, contrasts with the tangy lime juice and wholegrain mustard - a perfect combination.
I like to add the dressing only when I am about to have the dish. This way I can store the dressing separately in a container.
I hope you love the dish as much as I do! Don't forget to tag #hannahshania on instagram, I would love to see your recreations!